Victoria Sponge with Raspberry Coulis and Cream

We have moved! I made this cake a few weeks ago and never posted the recipe because I was so busy. The weather was really nice and I felt like making a cake with fresh fruit but because we didn't have any I ended up using frozen raspberries to make a coulis.


I am super excited for summer. The weather has been really nice recently and I cannot wait until I can make ice cream and salads and picnics and chill in the grass listening to music. I start Year 10 next week which means I start my GCSE subjects. I'm quite excited however I'm not looking forward to the exams. I sat my first Latin exam last Thursday and it went well but it was verrrrry stressful. I have another one this Monday.

The cake recipe is from Sam Stern's Cookery Course. I found the recipe for the coulis here.

Ingredients;

225g soft butter
4 medium eggs
225g self raising flour
225g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
1-2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp icing sugar
juice of 1 lemon

Double cream

250g raspberries (frozen or fresh)
1 tbsp icing sugar

Cream the butter and the sugar. Add the egg, a little at a time followed by the vanilla. Mix in the lemon juice. Sieve in the flour and salt and mix slowly to combine. Divide between two 18cm sandwich cake tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool in their tins before removing them and placing them onto a wire rack so that they can cool completely. 

To make the coulis, place all of the ingredients into a pan and heat until the raspberries begin to break down. Pour it into a blender and blend until smooth. Push through a sieve to remove the seeds and then place in a bowl.

Whip you cream until it form stiff peaks and then assemble the cake. Layer cake, cream, coulis, cake, and then more cream. Serve and enjoy.










Comments

Popular Posts