Spiced Apple Drink

Right now I should probably be doing French revision but instead I am blogging. I have revised but I think I need to do more.





Today's recipe is a drink and I love it. We had some apple juice floating in the fridge (well it wasn't floating but you know what I mean). I based this recipe on Darina Allen's but to be honest I kinda just made up the method.


I then spent 20 minutes trying to take pictures with candles and orange lighting. By the time I drank the drink it was warm, not hot.


Ingredients:

450ml apple juice
350ml water
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp white sugar (you can up the amount of sugar if you want)
6 cloves
1 orange
4 star anise
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or a cinnamon stick if you have it)


Method:

Quarter your orange and stud each quarter with the cloves. Add them into a large saucepan. In a smaller saucepan add 50ml of the water and 50ml of the apple juice into it and add the sugar and the cinnamon (if it is ground. If not, then add it into the large saucepan). Heat it until the sugar has dissolved and then add it into the larger saucepan. Add the star anise and the rest of the apple juice and the water. Heat until hot. Pour into mugs and drink. It serves about 4 people.





Comments

Popular Posts