Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes (post 2)

Hello. Bonjour. Ciao.



Today's post is a repeat of another post I did not to long ago buutt, it is different. There are even more photos because duh AND I have taken my time, and converted the cups into weights because I am British, and I don't like using cups because they are super silly and fiddly. 



My old blogpost can be seen here. The recipe is from Molly Yeh's blog. Click on her name to see it. It is by far one of my favourite food blogs ever so you should definitely check it out if you haven't already.


I will leave the converted version below. Feel free to use it. p.s If it doesn't work, sorry. 

Based on Molly Yeh's recipe.

Ingredients:

340g sugar 
315g flour
1 1/2 tsp salt, baking power and bicarb.
1/4 tsp cinnamon
225ml buttermilk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp oil (that has no flavour. I used vegetable oil.)
6 tbsp tahini
168ml water

For the Icing:

225g butter, softened
2 tbsp tahini
60g cocoa powder
140-180g icing sugar (depending on how sweet you want it.)
a pinch of salt


Method- 

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place your cupcake cases into the cupcake tray.

In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix. In a separate bowl add all of the wet ingredients, except for the water. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in the water until you have a nice smooth batter.

Scoop the mix into your cupcake cases and bake for 18 minutes, or until a cake skewer thingy majig come out clean.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool. While they are cooling, make the icing.

For the icing, combine the soft butter and the tahini and mix. Add the icing sugar and cocoa powder an mix. Add the salt and mix again.

Ice the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!













Comments

Popular Posts