Pancake Day!

 Pancake day passed over a week ago and I thought I should probably post something. I was on flipping duty on the day because my dad was in america. They were almost all fine, except for one that fell on the floor. I may be able to insert the video of me dropping it on the floor, you never know...


The recipe is based on the recipe from Nigella's How To Eat (a good book by the way).


125g plain flour (I used Italian 00)

1 egg

300ml milk

15g-30g melted butter, cooled (optional)


Put the flour in a bowl, make a mound in the middle and add a pinch of salt. Crack the egg in and using a wooden spoon, mix it together, and then add in the milk in a steady stream. Mix with whisk and mix in the melted butter. When it is smooth, stop and leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes or overnight.
When cooking, put a bit of oil in the pan, and then re-oil every 4 pancakes. When you oil, heat it and then pour it down the sink before cooking your pancakes.


Comments

Popular Posts