First we have to mix all the dry ingredients. Let's try not to get covered in flour this time!
Then we mix the wet ingredients. Add the egg to the milk and mix until your arm dies.
Add the wet to the dry and mix until the mixture is smooth. Your arm will probably die again.
And then a pile starts growing. This is my end pile. Pancakes!
Time to eat with maple syrup!
Recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's 'How to Eat'
Here is the recipe:
250g plain white flour
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
350-400 ml milk
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. In a jug mix the eggs and the milk together until the eggs have broken up.
3. Pour the wet into the dry and mix until it is a smooth consistency. (If it is too lumpy add more milk.)
4. Melt 20g of butter in the frying pan you are going to use to cook them. Add the butter to the pancake mix.
5. Cook the pancakes and then eat.
Thanks for reading!