Meringues!

Meringues!

I love meringues. They are so chewy and delicous.

This is a very short intro. Never mind

I followed the Jamie Oliver recipe but the method I included is slighlty different.

Ingredients:

Egg Whites

Sugar

A pinch of salt.

Preheat the oven to 150°C before you do anything-I sometimes forget!

To find out how much sugar and egg whites you need ypu need to do some maths. If you had 40g of egg whites then you would need 50g of sugar. I used 110g of eggwhites so I used 137g sugar!

In simple writing take the egg white measurment, divide by 4, and then times by 5.

You then whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. You should be able to hold it above your head upside down and not have anything come out. Add in the sugar and mix on a high setting until it is smootha and glossy. When you get some of the mix between your thumb and index finger and rub it should not be grainy.

Take a spoonful at a time and place it on a baking tray covered by Grease proofpaper. To create those cute little twirls get a spoon and spin it around before lifting it up. Voila!

TIP: When you are putting the grease proofpaper on the tray put a dab of the merangigue mix in each corner as 'glue'. It really helps!

Then cook the meringues for 45-60 minutes depending on size.



P.S I made these ages ago. and never posted this. sorry.


Comments

Popular Posts